Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Vacation - Day 1

We just got home on Sunday from our very long (but not long enough!) vacation. To let you know how crazy we are, we decided to drive to Canada (16 hours one way from St. George) with the kids and my sister Jessica. We left on Thursday, June 25th and drove to Salt Lake and stayed at my moms. On Friday morning we got in the car (again) and drove the rest of the way to Canada. I dont remember much because I think I slept the whole way! Thanks Lincoln for driving the whole time :)
When we got there we settled in to the "little house of horrors" that we would call home for the next 5 days. It was an old farm house that could stand for a little TLC! Well bed time came around but noone could sleep because it was still light out. So we waited and waited and finally about 11pm the sun was down and we were finally able to sleep. Saturday morning came around and it was time for the BIG RACE. Most of us were registered to run a 5K. My brother Jordy and I had been trash talking for a few weeks on who would win, me or him. so the race was on! The gun went off and Jordy sprinted ahead and was in the lead. I just kept a steady pace and figured he would get tired and I would win. I cought him about the mile mark and we ran together for the rest of the race. About 2 blocks from the finish there were a couple turns and I didnt know where to go so he told me we go straight. After I got about 5 steps past him he yelled "just kidding!" and took off the other direction. I tried to catch up but my little legs just cant keep up to his long legs and he ended up winning by 1 second. One second! Thats it! Now I will have to wait a year to prove myself again :(










Mikayla decided that she wanted to run the race. Good Aunt Jessica said that she would run with her. I dont think Mikayla really knew how far it was and what she was getting herself into but she finished! Good job Mikayla!







That night we decided to brave the mosquitos and try fishing. Of course we didnt catch anything but mosquito bites! We did see a momma duck with her babies and Bear had a good bath!
Mikayla trying to be incognito with the mosquitos (it didnt work!)

Hunter focused on catching a fish. Maybe next time!


That night Dad decided to live the "farming life" and mow the HUGE yard. We didnt have the heart to tell him to come in cause it was getting late. We just thought that we would let him go until he ran out of gas.

This is just the end of day #1!!!

2 comments:

  1. Let's not mention that your mother got 2nd place in her division.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lincoln, Jacqui, Mikayla, Hunter, Brooklyn, & Connor,

    It looks like you had a way fun vacation!!!

    We love you all!!
    Uncle Mike & Aunt BoBo (Templ) & Emma

    ReplyDelete